Zambia Mine Safety
Image default
BusinessFeatured ArticlesNews

KAGEM ranks in US$17.1 million

KAGEM Emerald Mine generated US$17.1 million from the auction of emeralds in March, hitting the US$1 billion mark in terms of revenue generated from the 47 auctions held since 2009.

Gemfields Group Limited, a British mining conglomerate, holds a 75 percent stake in Kagem, while the remaining 25 percent belongs to Government through the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC).

Auction results posted on the Gemfields website indicate 43 lots were offered for the sale of commercial quality rough emeralds for the March auction, of which 40 were sold at an average price of US$4.45 per carat.

Adrian Banks, Gemfields’ managing director of product & sales, commented: “We are pleased to conclude another successful Kagem auction, demonstrating that the commercial-quality emerald market remains in good shape and prices achieved are broadly in line with the September 2023 commercial-quality auction.

Source; Zambia daily mail

Download Online Magazine Now!

Enter your email address to download.

Related posts

SKF South Africa deploys local design and manufacturing capabilities to deliver a turnkey bearing and housing solution for a ball mill in North West Africa

editor

Integrated Air Solutions expands its less-than-a-year-old air compressor rental team and fleet

editor

SKF boosts its condition monitoring portfolio with the latest and most powerful diagnostic tool – SKF Microlog Analyzer dBX  

editor

Leave a Comment